What is Hair Plasma PRP?
Just as PRP and microneedling treatments are being used across the face and body to rejuvenate skin, boost collagen and stimulate healing, they are also used on the scalp to stimulate new follicular hair growth and thicker, fuller hair for men and women. Rather than inject the PRP into the scalp with a syringe, our estheticians use microneedling, which is an almost painless technique, to apply the PRP. Microneedling produces thousands of tiny punctures in the scalp with a specific depth, through which the PRP can travel down to the hair follicles. There’s no downtime or special aftercare instructions. PRP scalp treatments are usually initially done in a series of 3 monthly sessions, with touch-ups recommended yearly or more often if desired.
Why is it best?
- As part of our comprehensive, non-surgical hair regrowth and restoration therapy, patients are evaluated to see if they will benefit from this treatment and are advised on the scope of the treatment protocol.
- When patients come in for their first treatment, their blood is drawn and the PRP is centrifuged to process out the PRP from the red blood cells. The scalp is numbed to minimize any discomfort.
- The treatment process involves a series of PRP injections combined with the PRP solution being microneeded into the scalp. The area may be sensitive and red for 1-3 days.
- Post-treatment, all patients are prescribed a Hair Fortifying Rx homecare solution to apply once or twice daily to the treatment area to help further stimulate hair growth and enhance results.
- Most patients receive four initial treatments spaced one month apart and then maintenance treatments every four to six months to retain results. While outcomes vary, most patients will start to see results after three months and will continue to see improvements over time.