What is Bye Bye Bald HAIR TRANSPLANT (FUE)?
One of the primary methods of obtaining hair follicles is FUE. Therefore implemented through the extraction of follicular units from the back and sides of the scalp and their reimplantation to the area affected by hair loss. It can reproduce natural hair growth, as transplanted hair regrows in its natural occurring groups of 1-4 hairs. When implemented by physicians with high surgical skills & highly developed aesthetic perception, FUE can accomplish refined & undetectable aesthetic results.
Why is it best?
- FUE can be implemented to men & women with Male or Female Pattern Baldness (Androgenetic Alopecia)
- Mega FUE sessions (more than 1.500 follicular units) may have to be completed in 2 subsequent days (this is usually defined after your personal consultation & examination by the doctor, as it depends on personal parameters)
- The doctor can exploit the back & the sides of the scalp for donor supply
- FUE is less invasive than FUT (Strip), due to absence of linear incision and thus is associated with a smoother postoperative course (the donor area requires a shorter healing period and it is left to heal by second intention)
- FUE is usually preferred by people who tend to keep their hair very short (less than 1cm long)
- FUE is ideal for hairlines, temples, sides, eyebrows & scar repairs
- The presence of imperceptible small white spots allows quite short haircuts, but in cases of extensive extraction of follicular units scars may be fairly noticeable
- FUE is a time-consuming method and for the same number of follicular units it requires more sessions than FUT (Strip) (thus, It is more expensive as price/follicular unit)
- FUE is usually preferred when a small number of grafts are needed. Larger balding or thinning areas can also be covered with FUE technique but the candidate should have a bigger than average donor density
- FUE is also preferred when someone has undergone several previous hair transplant surgeries and is no longer able to undergo one more FUT (Strip) procedure
- Due to the ability of selecting for extraction 2-hair, 3-hair of 4-hair follicular units, the doctor is able to provide a great number of hair from a certain number of follicular units